Friday, February 10, 2012

But...how?

"Has anyone who trusted in the Lord ever been disappointed?" -Sirach 2:10

No, at least, I think so. I guess not.

"Those who trust in Jesus are as simple as children. They cling to His garments and in every difficulty have recourse to Him. Filled with trust, they exclaim: 'Help me, Lord Jesus, to overcome this enemy and this obstacle. You alone can help me and I am sure that You want to do so.'" -St. Francis de Sales

Okay.

But how?

How do you do that? How do you trust that deeply? Where does it come from?

I'm struggling with a lot. Obviously.

I'll try to cheer up. But not for you dear reader, for myself. I know I'm being selfish, but I crave some semblance of normality and familiarity. I don't like change. I'm afraid of big messy hard ugly change.

It hasn't been the best week, and all of a sudden I found myself in an extremely foul mood earlier. I couldn't really explain where it came from. It went away, and I'm glad.

All of this jumbled mess to say, good thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated for the undisclosed prayers in my heart.

1 comment:

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Ashley, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I think your struggles and your voicing of them are prayers in themselves!