Friday, October 14, 2011

Finally, A Hike

I went hiking today.

It was an absolutely beautiful day. It was incredible. I can't even begin to describe just how awesome it was to be outside.

Initially the hike was rough due to an older hiking injury rearing its obnoxious head, but with the right companions, you can safely put your pain and discomfort behind you so that you can enjoy the journey. Though it did serve as a sobering wake up call that:
1) Need to do more hiking, stat. The last time I went on a hike was April 21, 2011. That's disgusting. Today is October 14.
2) Seriously should start exercising and take better care of myself.
Today was an amazingly wonderful day.

Thanks be to God for a fall that is actually behaving like fall should, for making new friends, and for the countless other blessings in my life.

No comments: