Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Few Thoughts

Keeping it short today...lots of Spanish homework and studying to do for this little lady!

A few days/short weeks ago, I talked with two of my friends, on separate occasions. Through our meandering conversations, we talked about what we're majoring in and what we think we want to do after graduation.

I still harbor some reservations when I answer because, well, I know myself and my often fickle tendencies. But, I am pretty positive that I won't be changing majors again. I'm pretty happy with communications and the possibility of minoring in Spanish.

After graduation, heck, even before that...I think I want to work with immigrants and refugees or work in the non-profit sector. If it's in the cards, at some point in my life I'd also like to volunteer for a year with Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos.

I'd also like to see Mumford & Sons live and then be best friends with all of the guys from the band. But that's a completely different dream...

I'm feeling quite cheery today, in spite of a looming oral quiz over the imperfect subjunctive that is sure to be loads of fun! Que tenga un buen día!

3 comments:

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Even though I've never met you, from reading your blog I can certainly see you involved in some sort of service-oriented work. You seem to have such a giving heart!

otipicni said...

Hello, accidentally (but fortunately)I found your blog and let me tell you that I like your blog. Keep being positive Ashley :D.
Best regards.
Saludos desde Perú y suerte con el español ;).

Mary said...

Oh, yeah. I can SOOO see you doing something in the non-profit area!