Friday, April 22, 2011

Living Stations of the Cross

This post is a bit later than I would've liked, but better late than never. At St. Thomas (the home parish for me), the Friday before Palm Sunday is always the night that the youth group does the living stations of the cross.

I've been fortunate to have been a part of this prayerful production. This year, as well as in years past, I was also the photographer. I don't think I have much photography skill, but I'm happy to oblige.

As always, the youth do a wonderful job. I believe I'm visually oriented, so praying the stations with a real-life picture in front of me is so beautiful. What's even more special, to me at least, is that our actors have no lines. They're totally stationary, which somehow makes it more powerful. Here are just a few images of the evening:



Above and below: The actors and actress playing Jesus, Mary, and Simon of Cyrene are brothers & sister. So awesome!








The whole crew: narrators, choir members, stage hands, and the actors.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That is awesome! Y'all do some incredible stuff down there. I'll have to bookmark the website so I don't miss something!