Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Waitlist Notification!

This email, my friends, is one of the most beautiful things I've ever received.

Waitlist Notification for 28850

Dear Ashley ,
        A seat is now available in 28850 ANTH 432 001 Anthropology Warfare/Violence  - a course for which you are currently waitlisted.   If you would like to register for this section, please go to MyUTK and add the section as soon as possible.  You have until 14-DEC-2010 09:43 PM.  Your opportunity to add will expire at that time.
If you have ever put yourself on a waitlist for a class that you really wanted and checked your email and online class scheduler like 100 million times a day, then you know how awesome it feels to find out that you did in fact get into the class! Dear God it is a beautiful thing.

I literally almost jumped off my bed out of sheer excitement.

Why in the world would I be so excited about an anthropology class about warfare and violence? I don't really know the answer. What I do know is that I enjoy cultural anthropology a lot. A lot, a lot.

Emails from the Registrar's Office are wonderful early Christmas presents.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, that is too funny! Sounds like an interesting class, though.

Ashley Siferd said...

I still chuckle about it even a few days later!

Sarah said...

They're wonderful if they're not telling you that you're being kicked out of your perfectly timed Math 125 class because the section you signed up for THREE WEEKS AGO is reserved only for the "Venturing Learning Community."