Monday, December 6, 2010

Here's To You Paleo!

I'm sort of back after a week long hiatus. And no, I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I've just been trapped by notes, books, old exams, and awesomely made Excel charts because I have been studying for finals since Wednesday.

I took my paleobiology final today. For the most part, it was fairly easy. There was one question though, that I had absolutely no idea how to answer. You see, I missed the lecture on mass extinctions because I stayed up really late to go to the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 premiere. It was totally worth it, and I would do it again. Besides, it was just a 5 point question.

The question asked something about the significance of the Signor-Lipps effect and interpreting mass extinctions. I remember reading about it from my quick glance at my friend's notes (she sent me her notes from the day I missed, and I did the same for her).
But I forgot to reread them last night. And there was nothing about the Signor-Lipps effect on the study guide, so naturally I forgot all about it because I hadn't been looking at the material covering it.

When I started to b.s. an answer, I couldn't even do that. So I decided to be honest and wrote, "I'll be honest with you, I missed the mass extinction lecture because I went to the Harry Potter premiere."

I hope I at least earn a good chuckle from the professor. It would be awesome to get some kind of credit, but even earning 1 point doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell.

I'm not done yet. More substance filled posts will come. All I have left is to study for chemistry and anthropology, knock out those finals which are tomorrow, and pack up for the Christmas/winter break.

Have a drink on me, for now. I am still underage you see. But the song by AC/DC is incredibly fitting for finishing off paleobiology. ONCE AND FOR ALL. I'm done with paleo! I'm done! I'm done!

Here's to you, paleo!

No comments: