Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Leaves!

This is the view from outside/around my dorm. It's very yellow.




It was especially cool yesterday because it was windy. Leaves were going everywhere! It was like being in a yellow tornado that wasn't very dangerous.

This morning's weather was quite different as it rained hardcore. I left my dorm knowing it would rain later in the morning, so I am glad that I was mostly prepared for what was yet to come. It started to spit right before I got to my first class. During the test, it started to really come down. We could hear it loud and clear in the huge auditorium.

After my friend and I finished taking the test, we walked out into a deluge. She forgot her rain jacket but luckily had an umbrella. I have a rain jacket that is big enough to cover me and my backpack (thanks Fr. David, you'll never know how appreciative I am of your rain jacket generosity). I look like a turtle, but hey, it gets the job done. I hate wet backpacks.


What I did not have, however, were my rain pants. My jeans were soaking wet because it was raining so hard and the wind was blowing it sideways at some points along my journey home. Luckily I wore my Tevas, so when my feet got wet, I didn't care.

The only perilous part of my walk home was the courtyard full of leaves. Wet leaves are a sodden death trap for any who have the ill fortune of walking across them. I didn't bust it this time, but I know I will someday. Those wet leaves are also the only reason to not like all of the awesome yellow being everywhere in the courtyard.

I still love you though, ginkgo leaves. See you in the spring!

No comments: