Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Room to Fall"

I don't know if I have ever really had a favorite musician. I mostly just have favorite genres. That was the case until Erick Baker, a Knoxville-based artist, came along.

Ever since I first heard Erick's music in 2007, I was hooked. It's awesome to say the least. His latest album, Holding the Pieces in Place, is incredible. You should check it out. Actually, you should buy it.

"Room to Fall" is my favorite song. If you want to hear it, you'll have to visit this link, which goes to his music Myspace page. In the music player, find "Room to Fall" which should be the second song, assuming the lineup doesn't change.

If you don't want to listen, just read the lyrics below. I think you'll see why it's my favorite.


Written by Erick Baker
Published by Two Left Feet Music (ASCAP) 


You can’t outrun your shadow
Believe me because I’ve tried
And a change in your reflection
Don’t change a thing that’s inside

I know its painful to remember
But the past is there to help us learn
Like the child who hurts his finger
Before believing that fire burns

I would not have gotten up
If you had not let me fall
No I would not have gotten up
If you had not given me room to fall

Sometimes the destination
Don’t mean as much as what brought you there
All the wrong turns I’ve made
Were the only way to get me here

I would not have gotten up
If you had not let me fall
No I would not have gotten up
If you had not given me room to fall

You picked me up by letting me fall

I would not have gotten up
If you had not let me fall
No I would not have gotten up
If you had not given me room to fall

1 comment:

Candice said...

I absolutely adore Erick Baker!! I got to see him when he opened for the Goo Goo Dolls at the Tennessee Theater. He did an acoustic show with just the girl playing the viola and it was enchanting! He's great!!