Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Feast Day!

Happy Feast Day to Saint Francis of Assisi!


If I had thought to ask my youth minister and Confirmation teachers if I, a female, could have a male as my Confirmation saint, I would totally have picked you St. Francis. Now my honest question is, would I have been able to at all? I have not the answer.

Next to Jesus, Francis is my favorite. Nothing against St. Katharine Drexel, whom I chose. She's a pretty wonderful lady.

It was and sort of still is a chilly morning, unless you stand/walk in the sun. It's a beautiful day! I'm off to lunch with a friend who returned from Kuwait safely. Yay! I just have chemistry lab lecture and lab, which I hopefully will not be late to, God willing.

So to enjoy this wonderful fall and St. Francis of Assisi's feast day, here's a few of my favorite quotes:

Even though it is uncertain whether or not he actually said the following quote, I still like to think it's something he would have said. It fits. I like it: "Preach the Gospel at all times; if necessary, use words."

No explanation needed: "Do you want to know one of the best ways to win over people and lead them to God? It consists in giving them joy and making them happy."

I love love love the "Peace Prayer of St. Francis" as well, even though it wasn't written by him:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;

where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and
where there is sadness, joy;

Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood, as to understand, to be loved as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Here also is a link to all the posts where St. Francis is mentioned. You'd think that since his quote was the inspiration for the blog that I would talk about him more...anyway, click here. A few of them are actually some of my favorite all-time posts.


No comments: