Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Go Away Annoyance!

"A person who is patient is better than a warrior; and one who controls his temper is better than one who captures a city." -Proverbs 16:32

Human beings must have patience with one another. And the good people are those who bear the defects of others in the best way. -St. Francis de Sales

Long-suffering God, help me to have patience with others and with myself in all circumstances. Let me imitate Your long-suffering in whatever may befall me every day.

This reflection was both surprising but needed. I do suffer from lack of patience issues and often don't control my temper. I feel that some of my rants that I've had lately could have been better managed by yours truly. The way I see them, reflecting on them now, is that they are smaller forms of temper control problems.

I know that I'm not the only one suffering from this. I know there are others who are trying to turn the other cheek, to be more patient when others don't understand us. I honestly am just trying to good, not make someone's life miserable. If someone has an issue with me, it is probably because they aren't taking the time to understand where I am coming from (I know that has happened to me - being the one not understanding the other person).

But whatever, I will just let go of the reins and stop trying to do so much because my efforts are proving fruitless. I can only handle so much annoyance. I'm going to try harder to not let dumb little things get to me. I don't want to go crazy!

Thank the Lord for fall break. Hello freedom and rest.

1 comment:

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Ashley, I know where you're coming from! Ironically, I think I find it harder to be patient--or at least harder to hide my impatience--as I get older. Maybe I'm just getting braver! At any rate, I keep telling myself that it's part of my ongoing conversion. And--I pray for the gift of gentleness!