Friday, September 17, 2010

Thy Will Be Done

When I have the time to tell you the entire story, I will. For now though, I hope that this will suffice:

"Your Will be done on earth as it is in heaven." -Matthew 6:10

"We must carry out the Will of God rather than our own. This is what we pledge to do in the "Our Father," which we recite every day. What a travesty it would be if after praying that God's Will be done we should carry out that Will halfheartedly and only because we are obliged to do so!" -St. Cyprian of Carthage

God has our interests at heart. We may not realize it at first. In fact, it could take forever for us to realize that what we are doing may not be what we really need to be doing. God has something better in mind for me, and I just couldn't see. After going through some difficulties, I finally saw the light and the error of my ways.

What I had in mind for many years was upturned in a matter of 1/4 of a semester. I'm glad I finally got hit over the head, figuratively (and literally, but that was my doing...stupid lofted beds).

Enjoy the weekend. I hope that UT beats Florida!

No comments: