Thursday, June 10, 2010

Natalie Dee Thursday is Back!

In the last post I said I would be back with more things of a potentially serious nature, or at least not just funny things, but then I went out of the country! This explains the lack of posts. That and the fact that I have just been crazy busy the last few weeks.

I like to blog, I really do. Although sometimes I wish I didn't have one because I feel obligated to do something every day. I know that I don't have to. Then when I don't have time to do a post, days go by before I find the time to sit down and write, or to even link up to a favorite Youtube video.

Anyway, I guess this is also a preemptive strike. I'm taking summer classes, and they both require a lot of my time. So basically, posting could be a hit or miss kind of deal. I hope you're all okay with that. If not, oh well. Read a book. I would suggest anything by Clive Cussler.

I digress. From June 3-8, I was visiting my home away from home which is Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos El Salvador. Click here, here, and here to learn more about NPH. It was my third trip down there and probably will be the last for a couple of years. Being in college sucks in the money arena because, well, you don't have a lot of it!

Of the many reasons I love to travel down to El Salvador, the zero access I have to a computer is actually quite high on the list. I'm away from blogging, email, Facebook, and general internet surfing.

I can take a step back and breath. I don't check everything every 5 minutes. I am not attached to my computer, but I do use my phone as a watch and an alarm. Going to NPH is a good way to unplug.

There will be more to follow about El Salvador and NPH, but for now it's Natalie Dee time.

I chose this comic because the woman in the picture could possibly be me. I'm not 38 though. Age doesn't matter when you want a horse or a pony.

You Do Realize Those Things Dump About A Thousand Pounds A Day
Natalie Dee, 5-21-10

Click to embiggen

Yes, yes I do realize horses are ahem, messy. I still want one. As always, visit Natalie's website for more fun. Hasta luego mis amigos!

4 comments:

s-p said...

Welcome back. However you DO know it is a law of the universe that you MUST post something on a blog every 36 hours or less. I'm sure Fr. Christian can give you a penance for blog-sins. I hope summer school goes better than your facebook post. Don't feel bad, I showed up for a final exam a week late once, I didn't know "Friday" was THIS Friday, not NEXT Friday... who the heck ever heard of "finals week" ending on Thursday??

Ashley Siferd said...

Haha! I'll have to ask him about the penance for blog-sins.

Oh my goodness, Steve don't even give my subconscious ideas about showing up a week late for finals. I hope summer school gets better for me!

btw, my finals week for spring semester ended on a Wednesday...that's messed up.

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Your work in El Salvador sounds pretty awesome. Good luck with your classes this summer!

Mary said...

Can't wait to hear about El Salvador! You're one busy, busy girl!