Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sturdy Shelters and Treasures

Faithful friends are a sturdy shelter: whoever finds one has found a treasure.
Faithful friends are beyond price; no amount can balance their worth. -Sirach 6:14-15

"Nothing on earth can stamp out true friendship. Time itself cannot destroy such friendship, but instead finds it always and everywhere indomitable." -St. Bernard

Amen! Those verses from Sirach are some of my favorites. I was never much of a Bible reading Christian, but when I started to read it a long time ago, these 2 verses in particular have remained a fixture in my mind ever since.

Those words speak the truth. Faithful friends are my shelter. They are my treasures. While we may put a monetary value on treasures, you can't do that with friends because they are beyond price.

I am so thankful for all of them. Being constantly surrounded by the hustle and bustle of studying and life itself makes it hard to find time to take stock of things. When I do, I am always amazed at the blessings in my life, especially the people. Friends and family.

You gotta love 'em!


1 comment:

Mary said...

Great quotes! Good friends are so important. Even though you may go your separate ways, you'll be able to pick right back up where you left off with your true friends!