Wednesday, April 14, 2010

And So It Continues

Happy Blogoversary to me!

While I didn't actually post And So It Begins (my first post here at If Necessary, Use Words) until May 13, 2009, I have been a member of blogger.com since last April.

It all started with Fr. Christian asking me to be a guest blogger for him while he was away hiking the Appalachian Trail for 2 weeks. My first post at the old Blessed is the Kingdom, called Trudging, was on April 14, 2009. So today on April 14, 2010, I am celebrating my 1 Year Blogoversary.

To my chagrin, I announced this wonderful day to some of my friends. I know that it's silly and extremely funny. "Hey! Today is my Blogoversary and I can't even blog about it because the internet is down all over campus!" "Bahahaha! What did you just say?"

Yes. My Blogoversary. I'm a Class A nerd in case you didn't already know.

Anyway, I am so glad that strangers, friends, and family members encouraged me to keep going after being a guest blogger. At one point, I realized that blogging was fun, but I had not considered walking a little further down the path. Then after a push, a creative think-tank meeting with FC, and a few ideas later...here I am!

I have had so much fun exploring life and matters of faith via the written word, especially with you all the readers. I know I tend to get a little long-winded, but I love writing things down. I have lists all over the place: blog ideas, favorite names, cities/countries to see, favorite movies, songs to download, etc.

This past blogging year:

You have met several horses from one of my favorite places, the barn at Horse Haven of Tennessee, an equine rescue group. I am humbled each time I take care of these special animals, because through them, I learn that I must rely on others, but most importantly I must rely on God, to live my life. To Him, I turn to for nourishment, for advice, for comfort, and for love...just like my horses turn to me and the other volunteers for those same things.

You have met several of my friends. God love them, they are so wonderful. Without them, my life would be dull and laughter would cease to exist. You have heard family stories. Without them, obviously I would not be here physically or be the person that I am. Thanks to all of them. If I list names, I'm afraid I might forget one. To suffice, you all know who you are.

You have witnessed my adventures of the last few days of my high school life, the escapades with friends during the summer and throughout the year, and you have walked with me through the beginning of my college career.

You have read about my struggles and triumphs, about my blue days and the happy, sunny ones. You have learned about how much I love animals, how much I miss the ones who rest eternally. You saw a glimpse of the beautiful NPH in El Salvador. You've had to put with my sense of humor.

For putting up with all of that, kudos to you. Thanks for reading. Sometimes it just seems like I "blegh" all over the page, but then again, isn't that what writers do? I love sharing whatever I have with the world. And so it continues. I hope to remember as always, to preach the Gospel at all times, and if necessary, to use my words. I pray that we all continue to grow in faith and love together.

P.S. I love comments. For real dude. It makes my day :)

4 comments:

simplyy jackiee said...

You are a class A+ nerd :)

Mary said...

Happy Blogoversary! Haven't been with you since the beginning, but am enjoying reading your posts!

nowealthbutlife said...

So I am late with commenting, but I wanted to say happy belated anniversary. :-)

Ashley Siferd said...

thank you Rae!