Saturday, March 20, 2010

Confirmation & The Can Can Man

Today has been an exceptional one, to say the least. God blessed us with an absolutely perfect, beautiful day outside.

My sister April made her Confirmation today. Going to Confirmations is always fun for me, but today was even cooler because my sister was receiving the sacrament. It's always nice to see Bishop Stika, whom I don't get to see very often. It felt good when he looked at me and said, "Hey, haven't I seen you around before?" Yes Bishop Stika, many times (I'm not counting or anything, but I'd say today makes 8 or 9...just saying)! I think by next time he'll remember my name.

After the little reception was over, Fr. Christian wanted to show me the way cool St. Thomas Reality TV blog. You can check it out here. I'm glad to be a part of its debut, although the video with me in it hasn't aired yet. Stay tuned and check back in a few hours to St. Thomas Reality TV. It's a hoot. Or, it will be eventually.

Anyway, once we entered his office, he said whoaaaaaa. I looked up and saw a massive pile of cans sitting in the middle of his office. As per the "Can the Pastor" instructions, people are making a giant step towards booting FC out of his office in order to raise food for the local Good Samaritan center. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Can Can Man:

I arrived home late last night to discover that my boys, Rocky and Charlie, are finally getting along with each other. They're playing! But shhh, they might even learn to love each other. However, I am sad because Charlie is getting too big too fast. I was only gone 5 days and look at how big he is!

Check out my sister's incredibly cool yet gross finger injury. Kayla's face says it all, which is, "I'm a bad-a." I wish my reason for the ER was as cool as hers, although I'm a big baby so I'll secretly stick with just having a severe case of hives instead of ripping a chunk of my thumb open. Here's what chain link fence + a 5 year old + a game of tag =

At the end of the day, I still smell like incense (my FAVORITE smell in the entire world), burning wood, and horses. If I could make that into a perfume, I totally would. Reading that probably doesn't seem like it would smell good. But it does!

I was able to drive around with the windows open. My family had a great time.

I love God and all the marvelous things he has placed in my life. It was a great first day of Spring.

No comments: