Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Grandma

Today would have been my Grandma Diane's 67th birthday. It has been 2 long years since she passed away. I do miss her very much, but she is in a better place compared to the pain and hardship she lived through each day.

Would she have told you, me, my Mom, or my aunts that she was hurting? No. She was that kind of tough old lady. It was tough for her to give up cigarettes and beer after she lost her first leg, but she did it. And one would think that after the loss of her second leg only a few years after the first, she would be content to stay at home and be taken care of. Nope, not my Grandma. She continued to work!

The one thing I regret in my life (excluding silly, trivial things) is not showing her and telling her how much I loved her. I remember holding her hand for the last time in the hospital, saying goodbye to her when she couldn't say it back. God do I miss that lady.

Happy Birthday Grandma! I love you and miss you. We all do.

No comments: