Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yeah My Friends

Today for various reasons, I found myself being extremely thankful for my friends. God has certainly been very kind to me and has blessed me with some awesome people.

After lab I went over and had lunch with Katie Ann and Andi Marie. We worked on homework for most of the afternoon. I always love being around those two because they're crazy, funny, serious, helpful, kind, sarcastic, and just awesome.

Earlier my friend Becca and I chatted online. Becca is silly, smart, wonderful, witty, sarcastic, and awesome. She is attending a university in the northeastern part of Tennessee, so I don't get to see her very often. It was nice being able to laugh with her over silly and ridiculous things that are going on in our college lives. Yes we weren't in the same room, but it is very possible to type something that leads to hysterics.

Every now and then, wonderful things happen that make you stop and think. I am very grateful for the friends in my life. Sometimes though, when they can't be there or they are far away, you tend to feel a little blue or slightly lonely.

Yes, that has happened to me. When it did not so long ago, I found solace in the fact that Jesus will always be right beside me when my friends cannot be there for whatever reasons. I know, I know. Why didn't I think of that earlier? Of course He has always been with me. It just took the figurative bump on the head to realize it. I find comfort knowing that. When I feel alone, I really am not. None of us are!

I try to listen to what God says. Sometimes I just don't think I'm tuned in to the right station. Luckily He finds some way to reach out to me.

My friends, all of them: Jesus, Becca, Katie Ann, Andi Marie, and all of the others...they are so beautiful to me.

From "Friends" by Band of Skulls:
And my friends cause they're so beautiful
Yeah my friends they are so beautiful

They're my friends

No comments: