Friday, January 29, 2010

Songs to Share


Having Spanish class canceled for today has opened up my afternoon. Now I can write! I had tried to get to sharing the following with you a few days ago, but homework did not allow me the time.

One of my favorite things about movies is the music. I probably listen to movie scores more than any other genre of music. Ask my sister or my friends, and they will probably tell you that they have jumped in my car only to hear strings and woodwinds playing instead of rock bands or whatever is on the radio. If my friend Katie Ann gets in the car, I pull whichever movie score was in the player and swap it out for something we can sing along to. She prefers words and singing along, and I like people to be happy.

It's not that I don't enjoy singing or rock bands, etc. I simply have more fun listening to movie scores and instrumental/orchestral type things. As my 7 Quick Takes for this Friday (haven't done this in awhile), I'm going to share just 7 of my favorite songs from movies. Jennifer from ConversionDiary.com hosts this weekly event. I like it very much and hope to do a better job of keeping up with it.

Understand that this is no easy task. Some of these have vocals, but in my mind they still count. Interestingly enough, these are all (with the exception of Clash of the Titans...it's not even out yet) my all-time favorite movies. I can watch them over and over and never tire of them. The order of the songs below does not denote the level of awesomeness. Sorry that you have to listen to them via youtube.com, but it's the only way I know.

-1-
"The Bird and the Worm" (Instrumental) by The Used. This is just trailer music for the 2010 remake of Clash of the Titans...



-2-
"Ibelin" composed by Harry Gregson-Williams, from Kingdom of Heaven



-3-
"New Moon" (The Meadow) composed by Alexandre Desplat, from New Moon



-4-
"He's A Pirate" composed by Klaus Badelt, from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl



-5-
"Gathering All the Na'vi Clans for Battle" composed by James Horner, from Avatar



-6-
"Yekeleni, Pt. 1/Mia's Lullabye" composed by Hans Zimmer, from Tears of the Sun


-7-
"Like A Dog Chasing Cars" composed by Hans Zimmer, from The Dark Knight

No comments: