Thursday, January 21, 2010

Designed for Procrastinators?


Funny that I should be writing about a meditation that I feel is specifically designed for procrastinators. Funny because this is what I should be doing...filling in Statistics notes, redoing the Stats homework, memorizing symbols for Stats, learning the subjunctive tense in Spanish, reading the assigned excerpts for my English class, watching Nosferatu (1922) for English, and reading a chapter for Communication Studies.

If you didn't know already, I belong to that "procrastinate much?" group. Luckily I don't have any classes today, so I have all day to work.
"Why have you been standing idle all day?" -Matthew 20:6

"Water that does not flow and comes to a halt in holes becomes stagnant and filled with impurities. In the same way, the body that is worn down by prolonged idleness produces and fuels the fire of covetousness and illicit pleasure." -St. Bernard

Ever-creating Father, help me to work diligently every day of my life. Grant that I may always shun idleness as the devil's workshop, and do my bit to build up the world in accord with Your holy Will.
Of course I have other things in addition to school-work to do, like filling out the scholarship application to renew my current scholarships. Conveniently or maliciously, I haven't quite decided yet, I do not recall UT ever telling me that I had to do this. My roommate did and lucky that she did, or I would be out of quite a chunk of money!

I also have this massive pile of books that I want to get through. Doubt that I will get to the entire stack this semester. We'll see. I guess it helps that I have already read 3 of those books (1776, The Archer's Tale, and Stones into Schools), but they were in the stack for the photo shoot so they just stayed. I reread books all of the time.

I am also working on making a turtle sighting sheet. Across campus, there are these mysterious spray-painted turtles on the ground. I like them a lot. I have no idea what their purpose is.

3 comments:

Fr. Christian Mathis said...

those may be where moo has recently visited.

Ashley Siferd said...

that would be way cool if Moo was here

Moo! said...

Moo is everywhere.... :)