Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Keep Breathing

Today has been full of a myriad of things. Happy and depressing at certain points of the day. This post probably won't be very coherent. I'm just sort of writing whatever comes to mind, with no intent to make it fit together. It's just one of those days where order isn't a priority, know what I mean?

I just listened to a song that I can always count on to help me out. Help me when I just don't understand anything in the world. Why do we do the things we do to each other, fellow brothers and sisters in Christ? Why do we think it is our right to judge? Only God can do that, and yet here we are condemning each other with hateful words and sentencing people to die. I know I'll never be able to understand everything in the world, much as I would love to be able to do that. I guess that's all a part of the mystery of God.

This song helps me when I just feel crummy, like no one cares...like a lost child in a big crowd. In reality I have beautiful friends and family members that constantly do things to show that they do care.

Today it rained. It was the most wonderful feeling in the world sploshing around in puddles. Feeling it hit my face, drop after drop. Most everyone else around me whined and complained...Boo rain. I reveled in the wetness. I even enjoyed the leaf mine field.

If I sound blue, it's probably because I am. I've just accepted the fact that sometimes I have those days. Don't worry though, tomorrow will be a better day. I just have to stop moping around and remember that while life sucks sometimes, it doesn't do good to dwell on the negative and sad things in life. It does good to pray, to love, to laugh, to keep breathing, and to remember that there is a God out there who loves us in spite of our sinfulness and brokenness.

It also does one good to listen to a little Ingrid! She's great!

"Keep Breathing" written and sung by Ingrid Michaelson

The storm is coming but I don't mind
People are dying, I close my blinds

All that I know is I'm breathing now

I want to change the world
Instead I sleep
I want to believe in more than you and me

But all that I know is I'm breathing
All I can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing now

All that I know is I'm breathing
All I can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing

All we can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing now

1 comment:

Moo! said...

Some day you will be brave enough to enter into the dark rather than look forward to the light.