Friday, October 16, 2009

According to My Car...

I recently added two new bumper stickers to my car. When I stepped back to admire the final view, I thought to myself, these really do describe me. At least, they help other drivers know a few things about what I believe in and what I like.

One excellent day, I grabbed my camera and proceeded to wander around in the courtyard, snapping shots that captured fall weather on campus. When I finally made it to my car, I had to stop once again to admire the best parking spot I have ever had. It was the first one, right next to the handicap spots on the ground floor. It was right by the entrance! I can't describe to you how thrilled I was when I pulled around the corner and saw that beauty...waiting for me.

Anyway, back to the real reason for this post. Sure the fall weather and the sweet parking spot were reasons enough to photograph; however, I want to share with you a little bit of who I am. When I realized that my car decorations revealed a lot about me, it was sort of a mini epiphany. I don't know why I didn't figure it out sooner. I just like my bumper stickers, license plate, and rearview mirror hangings. I hope you do too. Click on the pictures to enlarge them for a closer look.

Rearview things: The Bumblebee that says "Bee-otch" is from Transformers...which is one of my favorite movies of all time. The multi-colored yarn necklace looking thing is called a Warm Fuzzy. I received many Warm Fuzzies at SEARCH 87, a peer led retreat for Catholic youth. Then there is my rosary, graduation tassel, UT non-commuter parking pass, and Batman dog tag. Two things that I didn't photograph are my Saint Christopher and Our Lady medals that clip onto the visors.
Sticker fun: Obviously you can read the stickers. They're taped up inside though because of the "no sticker on back of car policy." The man in "Freedom isn't Free" graduated from my high school long before my time there, but I did a little something for his family, so they paid me a visit and gave me this awesome sticker. I love pirates...obviously! It's a problem I have. Do I really need to say anything about Gandhi's quote? Didn't think so, but it is one of the new additions. Before I had fully decided (on the inside anyway, on paper I had made the decision) to attend the University of Tennessee, they gave me a free sticker in the mail. Maybe that's what did it. The "Tolerance" sticker is also new. The bottom part is cut off, which says "Believe in it." Again, need I say more? Don't forget about Horse Haven and Stop Litter. They rock too.
Saving the best for last: The latest rendition of the Bat symbol. I love it. A lot.
According to my car, Jesus is numero uno, faith is pretty important, and I value respect and love towards others, human and animal. I have an unhealthy obsession (maybe...) with Batman. I graduated and now attend college. I love pirates and things that let me get away with saying bad words. Oh and I just have a lot of stuff.

1 comment:

s-p said...

Catching up...I'm glad Birdie is doing well. I'm due for new tennies too, but have no money. I'm always amazed at people who "bumper sticker" their cars. I hope when you drive you live up to your stickers (I can't tell you how many times I've seen road rage from people with "COEXIST" stickers...I guess it doesn't apply to the freeways. :)