Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Sampling of What Is to Come

I don't have much time to write because I've got an exam to study for, but I do want to share this with you...

"Look at the rainbow and praise its Maker; it glows with a surpassing beauty." -Sirach 43:11

"Whenever our eyes feast on a spectacular scene--such as a magnificent landscape, or a splendid sunset, or a beautiful star-studded sky--let us realize that it is only a pale reflection of the Divine Beauty. Let us then bless the Lord as being the sole source of all good." -St. Theresa of Avila

Often I find myself praising God for a rainbow, the sunset, my cat, the sound of a galloping horse, the mountains, or a clear night sky. I love being outside. Even a pile of leaves or a puddle reminds me of the magnificence of creation. Why, I'm not exactly sure. Maybe that is one of my gifts-being able to find God's presence in inanimate objects and living creatures.

St. Theresa said it well. If these earthly things are just a pale reflection, a small sample of the beauty to come...of the beauty that awaits us, I can't even begin to imagine what is in store!

1 comment:

s-p said...

Your eyes are blessed to be able to see these things.