Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oh Happy Days...


Have you ever had one of those days when you're walking along, and BAM! all of a sudden you find yourself inexplicably happy? Well, I had one of those days today. I am pretty sure that it had to do with God mostly because I was thinking about Him. Okay, of COURSE it had to with God! :)

More specifically it was because I found out that He was working through me, and I didn't even realize it! I was asked to say a little something about being accepted and rejected in life during the prayer services at the junior high and high school youth groups this past Sunday. It was mostly "fly by the seat of my pants" only because I had one day to prepare a short talk. However, I find those to be the best talks sometimes. Anyway, we were pressed for time so I offered to skip my talk at the high school prayer service, but I was told not to and to please not leave out a certain part! I wondered why...

Well of course there was a reason. I found that out today. My story helped someone in the group who was struggling with the very same thing that I went through (and still go through). It made me feel incredibly awesome and happy inside that I was able to help someone...all with God's help and insistence of course.

Other events in the universe conspired to make my happy day even happier. My English professor let us out 25 minutes early. It was a beautiful afternoon, and I was walking through one of my favorite spots in the courtyard outside my dorm when the wave of happiness hit. I only had to work an hour and half today (and I'm off the next two days!). I had a really good lunch and dinner. My geography project is coming along nicely.

Thanks God. You rock my socks off.

1 comment:

s-p said...

Half the discipline of being a teacher is speaking. The more important part is listening...to God.
Been there...glory to God.