Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Good Reflection

I thought this was a great reflection, especially living in the times that we do. We have to remember the reasons that we are here, that we are living for. If we let go of those, if we let go of a good conscience-a God-filled conscience-what do we have to live for?


"Keep hold of a good conscience. Some people have let that go and have had their faith ruined." -1 Timothy 1:19

Saintly words: "A good conscience is a treasury of riches. Indeed, what greater riches can there be--or what can be sweeter--than a good conscience?" -St. Bernard

Talking with God: All-knowing God, let me be able to stand in Your presence with a good conscience. Help me to avoid anything that would sully my conscience and do all I can to remain united with You.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

That conscience will be tested at college. May God be with you! Don't let anyone pry you loose from Him.

s-p said...

Good quotes. I like the one that says something like, "There is a difference between a good concience and a clear concience. A clear concience can be a lie, a good concience will accuse you." Be grateful when your concience is not clear. Its a sign of spiritual health.

Ashley Siferd said...

Thank you Elizabeth!

I like that quote a lot s-p, thanks for sharing it. And it's good advice :)