Saturday, June 13, 2009

Happy Anniversaries!

Many people in my life have anniversaries this month. On June 3, Father Christian celebrated 9 years of the priesthood. At the end of June, the NPH home in El Salvador will celebrate 10 years of serving, loving, and caring for the children of El Salvador. Today, Horse Haven of Tennessee (HHT) celebrated its 10th anniversary. (Now if I forgot someone's anniversary, I apologize!)

Fr. Christian, the soon-to-be pastor of St. Thomas, is one cool priest. Seriously. His homilies are always excellent, he chats with you after mass, and if he sees you driving down the road, he'll roll down the window and say hello.
If you read this blog regularly, then you already know what NPH is about. If not, then check out the past two posts!
HHT was founded in June 1999 to "advocate for, rescue, protect, and defend our God-given equine from abuse and neglect in Tennessee." I have had the privilege of being a volunteer at HHT for the past two and half years. I have seen some pretty bad things, but it is days like today that make it all worthwhile. Most of the volunteers, the folks in charge, and a few of our former rescue horses came out to celebrate today. I also had a chance to meet the new arrivals: Jenna and Royal, who is the cutest little foal (and the only one) I've ever met! Read Love One Another As I Have Loved You or visit HHT's website for more info about the organization that is Horse Haven.

This blog serves two purposes. I get to post a few of my favorite pictures, and I also get to send out congrats. So, here's to you Fr. Christian, Horse Haven, and NPH El Salvador! Happy Anniversaries!

No comments: