Thursday, May 21, 2009

Zoo Day


Yesterday, three of my best friends and I went to the Knoxville Zoo. It was an awesome day that could not have come at a better time. On Tuesday, I was filling out some stuff for college when I realized that I have to grow up! I'm going to a big school with over 20,000 other people. I won't be living at home anymore. It's a huge change, and it is a little terrifying. A few hours later, I found out that my pastor, Fr. David, will be leaving for a new assignment. I consider him family, and he's been a part of my life for the past seven years. It was to be expected, but it was still a shock to find out.

Needless to say, my Tuesday wasn't a very happy one. The only positives that came were the fact that I found out that Fr. Christian gets to stay at St. Thomas, and my movie night with Becca was a lot of fun. Those were two very awesome positives. Wednesday morning, Becca, Megan, Amanda, and I set off for the zoo.

It was a perfect day: reasonable temperature, blue skies, sunshine, and a breeze. We found the zoo with no problems. I brought Flat Thomas along and took a few pictures with him. A tortoise peed on Becca and me. We didn't get sunburned. The food was alright. The animals were out and about, and we got to see all of our favorites. Laughter was in abundance.


The reason I'm sharing the past two days with you is because I learned something of tremendous value. I experienced something great. When something unfortunate happens, there is always something good following alongside. When I needed help the most, God provided a way for me to not feel sad. He blessed me with amazingly wonderful friends, and He blessed us with a beautiful day to share with one another.

The Lord walks with us always, through everything. Sometimes we don't realize it. I was fortunate enough to realize this, and when I asked for help, I was able to see the blessings He provided right in front of me. The Spirit works through our friends and maybe even through zoo animals, especially bears, tigers, and sea otters.

No comments: